Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Book Review: Twilight by Stephenie Meyer


Amazon.com Review
"The book that started the phenomenon is now available in a deluxe collector's edition! Featuring a ribbon bookmark, cloth cover, ragged edges, new chapter opener designs, and a beautiful protective slipcase, this edition is perfect for fans and collectors alike.Bella Swan's move to Forks, a small, perpetually rainy town in Washington, could have been the most boring move she ever made. But once she meets the mysterious and alluring Edward Cullen, Bella's life takes a thrilling and terrifying turn. Up until now, Edward has managed to keep his vampire identity a secret in the small community he lives in, but now nobody is safe, especially Bella, the person Edward holds most dear.Deeply romantic and extraordinarily suspenseful, Twilight captures the struggle between defying our instincts and satisfying our desires. This is a love story with bite.
"


Ok I first heard about this book at work, I kept seeing it on a few womens' desk I would pass on my way to lunch and wonder WTF? For weeks I had seen it and not really took the initiative to see what the book is about. Well, my one of my online groups kept mentioning the book as well and I finally asked someone at work what the book is about and they told me that is a love story between a vampire and mortal. Now I am not into vampires very much but I was really intrigued by the popularity and decided to purchase it. Well it two days I am now up to Chapter 11. The book was also so popular they decided to do a movie (of course) and I will be watching that as well when I finish the book.

There are also 3 or 4 other books in the series. I will be reading those as well. :)

My opinion of the book so far is, it is different than anything I have ever read. The main characters are not your typical characters. I still think I need to read more of the series in order to form a solid opinion. But I will keep you Updated :)

No comments: