Thursday, November 6, 2008

California Proposition 8

According to LA Times Voters approve Proposition 8 banning same-sex marriages. .

In case you have been living under a rock for the last year, you may have not heard that originally California had announced that their will be Same-Sex Marriage. Ellen DeGeneres and her long time girlfriend Portia De Rossi tied the knot. It was really a sweet union for a beautiful couple who LOVE each other and want to spend the rest of their lives together. We also elected Barrack Obama for President. Some people were not happy and began Proposition 8. The Votes finally came in and decided for Proposition 8 - Banning of Same-Sex Marriage.

Now before I begin, I do recall my initial post staying out of Politics and Religion but now I have had a change of heart. I will tell you what I think :)

MY THOUGHTS:

1) First of all whether or not you think Same-Sex Marriage is Right or Wrong, it is still not your decision to decide for someone how they should live their life. Just plain WRONG.

2) I agree I feel like we did take one big step for mankind by electing Obama for President. But I think with Prop 8 we did take one step back.

I think everyone needs to think about the choices that they make and how it affects others. You took away someones right and their freedom by saying YES to Proposition 8.

No comments: