Saturday, November 8, 2008

Thanksgiving

ORIGIN OF THANKSGIVING

I Love Thanksgiving. It is my favorite Holiday of the year. Turkey, Stuffing, Mashed Potatoes, Cranberry Sauce and Pumpkin Pie. What I like to do is put Turkey, Stuffing, Mashed Potatoes & Cranberry sauce on my fork and eat it. :)

Every year at my Job I get a Turkey for Christmas. My Partner works for the same place so we get two Turkeys for Christmas and STILL have to buy a Turkey for Thanksgiving. ITS UNREAL!

I also have a recipe that I like to make with the Turkey. Its called a Turkey Wreath. I learned about it when I went to a Pampered Chef Party a long time ago.

"Turkey Cranberry Wreath:

2 pkg. refrigerated crescent rolls
1/2 C. mayonnaise
2 T. honey Dijon mustard
1/2 tsp. coarsely ground pepper
2 C. cooked turkey, chopped
1/2 C. celery, sliced
3 T. fresh parsley, snipped
1/2 C. dried cranberries
4 oz. Swiss cheese, shredded (1cup)
1/4 C. walnuts, chopped (optional)
1 egg, separated

Preheat oven to 375°F.

Unroll crescent dough; separate into 16 triangles. With wide ends of triangles toward the center. arrange 8 triangles in a circle on Large Round Stone. Corners of wide ends will touch and points will extend 1 inch beyond of baking stone. Arrange remaining 8 triangles in center. matching ends. Seal seams using pizza roller. (Points will overlap in center; do not seal.)

Measure mayonnaise, mustard and black pepper into a bowl. Grate cheese into a bowl. Mix filling. Scoop filling over seams of dough, forming a circle.

Coarsely chop walnuts; sprinkle over filling. Beginning in center, lift one dough triangle across mixture. Continue alternating with outer triangle, slightly overlapping to form wreath. Tuck last end under first.

Separate egg over bowl. Beat egg white lightly; brush over dough. Bake 25-30 minutes or until golden brown. Yields 10 servings.

Per serving: 363 calories; 17 g protein; 24g fat; 20g carbohydrates; 521 mg sodium"


One year I had Ham and I was very disappointed. I cannot eat anything other than Turkey for Thanksgiving. My Partner also has this Rosemary Turkey recipe. It makes the turkey DELICIOUS!

Happy Turkey Day! :)

No comments: