Thursday, February 28, 2008

Barbie

When I was a little girl, I used to LOVE to play with Barbie. I never really thought of her proportions or anything growing up and I really enjoyed my dolls. If I remember, I had A LOT of Barbie dolls.

A few things changed about Barbie throughout the years that had really surprised me. One, they had a pregnant Barbie, being a teen or a tween (I cannot remember which) I was really shocked that they would impregnate the icon.

Then since it left a lot of negativity for young girls growing up regarding her 'proportions' (we'll say) they decided to change some things on the upper portion of her body. It also seems they have distorted her face somehow too? I personally don't like neither of the two changes. They make her look weird. Now its impossible to find the type of doll I was used to growing up, unless I were to look on eBay.

My daughter now plays with Barbie, we had bought her some for Christmas. I forgot how impossible it is to the dress the doll. But I am looking for my own doll so I can play with my Barbie because it is still fun to dress them.

I am also not too happy about the new Cabbage Patch Kids. But thats a whole 'nother Post ;)

No comments: