Saturday, March 26, 2011

Artist: Anna Parkin

Artist Anna Parkin:
My name is Anna Parkin & I live in Utah.
I am stay-at-home mother who spends every spare moment I have towards my art.
I am married. Been married for 4 years and have 2 wonderful children. One is 3 years old and the other is 18 months old.
I have been in love with art as far back as I can remember. I remember drawing while Bob Ross painted on the TV in the background. I took some art classes in Jr. High and High School but I'm pretty much self taught.
I've always drawn and created things from the scraps I found around my house, but painting was introduced to me in junior high. I still remember my first set of paint brushes and the way the paint smelt. My very first painting was of a girl I found in the National Geographic. Though the picture was of this girl who had the most strikingly beautiful hazel eyes I ended up painting her in black and white. I remember loving this painting but like a lot of things in my life I ended up burning her along with some pretty intense pages from my journals.
My inspiration.....comes from my desire to bring beauty, understanding and enlightenment into the world. To ignite an individuals creativity. Maybe to help them find there path in life.
My favorite painting...it would have to be of that girl I painted in Junior High. It was like I was painting two people. Her and myself. It was then I found the purpose of my art. Discovery.
My favorite painter has always been Salvidor Dali! He was fearless. His paintings so involved. They made my mind wonder in search for a new perspective on life.
I see myself 5 years from now an artist who is actively involved in helping individuals find that creative center within themselves. An active collaborative artist. Bringing ideas together, many perspectives together and hopefully bring about some change in how we view our lives.


Links to Anna Parkin:

Artist Elle Est
Liquid Light
Project Girl


Above is the words of Anna Parkin the Artist. I love her work! Posted on the left is her keepsake box and painting that I had purchased from her. The painting is called 'The Elegance of Time' I was mesmerized by the painting when I saw it and had to have it! Now it is hanging up in my room where I can look at it everyday and I use my keepsake box for special things since my other box broke.


Pictured below is a new painting that she is working on for me. This picture is very angelic and spiritual to me and represents the love my daughter and myself have for each other. This picture was taken in 2009, Liz first year of Girl Scouts, and the first Girl Scout Camp we ever went to. Some random woman took the picture of us on her cell phone. We had no service so she had to send it to me when we were done with the camp and we both had service again. I am excited for the results! : D


I recommend her if you are looking for a special kind of art, because hers is really one of a kind. :)

No comments: