Sunday, December 28, 2008

Movie Review: The Curious Case of Benjamin Button (possible Spoilers)

IMDB Summary "I was born under unusual circumstances." And so begins 'The Curious Case of Benjamin Button,' adapted from the 1920s story by F. Scott Fitzgerald about a man who is born in his eighties and ages backwards: a man, like any of us, who is unable to stop time. We follow his story, set in New Orleans from the end of World War I in 1918 to the 21st century, following his journey that is as unusual as any man's life can be. Directed by David Fincher and starring Brad Pitt and Cate Blanchett with Taraji P. Henson, Tilda Swinton, Jason Flemyng, Elias Koteas and Julia Ormond, Benjamin Button is a grand tale of a not-so-ordinary man and the people and places he discovers along the way, the loves he finds, the joys of life and the sadness of death, and what lasts beyond time.

This was a wonderfully made movie. Just like Brad Pitt's wife Angelina movie "Changeling". I was thinking that they both made very intriguing movies and I enjoyed them both very much.

Anyway back to the movie. Brad Pitt plays the main character Benjamin who was born an old man and as he ages he gets younger instead of older. In the turn of events he falls in love of course.

The only part of the movie I was not too fond of is when he meets the woman he loves when they are both 7 and he is an old man, that to me was a bit disturbing but after they both were growing, it got easier to deal with LOL!

When they were both in their mid-twenties they finally got together and did it, I though the leading female character played by Cate Blanchett seemed all too excited to sleep with Brad Pitt period! LOL! Whether or not on film LOL! At first I was apprehensive about Cate Blanchett playing Brad's love interest but then I warmed up to her and felt she was good for the role.

I thought it was sad when his mom died, she loved her baby Benjamin when no one else did. I also thought it was ironic for him to grow up with a bunch of old people considering he himself, was old when he was born.

Watching the movie also wanted me to go sailing or do something with the water a little bit, since I have never gone sailing.

When Cate Blanchett's character got pregnant, I was surprised for one the baby survived and two, that he was the father through the whole movie to this child, from the beginning of the movie.

It was a long movie - 3 hours long. But I know I will buy it when it does come out on DVD. The movie was also nominated for 5 Golden Globes!

I get 5 Stars! :)

No comments: