Friday, November 28, 2008

Restaurant Review: The Mayan Adventure




First of all, I had to take cell phone pictures because I forgot my digital camera at home (which is a first).

Well, we decided to go to The Mayan after a movie since it was right next door. There was a 30-45 minute wait. We had got in to eat at around 30 minutes. When they had seated us it was right in front of the show. The scenery was beautiful, it was like being in a jungle and it was a little humid. Which had a really nice effect. The show was Cliff Divers basically, we got to see it front row, first hand.

We got chips and salsa while we waited for our drinks and to order. They were pretty good. I thought the salsa had a little bit too much lime and cilantro.

We decided to split a Chicken Chimichanga. It came with guacamole, pico de gallo, refried beans and Spanish rice. The chimi was pretty good. The whole meal I could taste a lot of cilantro and lime. The refried beans, I swore though was made from a can. I can tell the difference between real or canned refried beans. The canned refried beans smells like dog food. The Spanish rice was good was good though.

For dessert we decided to get The Mayan special Tres Leches. It was really good. It tasted like real tres leches cake.

Overall I give it 3.5 out of 5 Stars.

No comments: