Tuesday, July 8, 2008

DVD Review: Waitress (2007) and Spoiler

Plot Summary from IMDB.com "Jenna is unhappily married, squirreling away money, and hoping to win a pie-baking contest so, with the prize money, she'll have enough cash to leave her husband Earl. She finds herself pregnant, which throws her plans awry. She bakes phenomenal pies at Joe's diner, listens to old Joe's wisdom, tolerates her sour boss Cal, is friends with Dawn and Becky (her fellow waitresses), and finds a mutual attraction with the new doctor in town. As the pregnancy advances, life with Earl seems less tolerable, a way out less clear, and the affair with the doctor complicated by his marriage. What options does a waitress have? Written by {jhailey@hotmail.com} "

First of all, I just wanted to let you know how my reviews will be posted, just so you have an idea of what my blog will be about before you read it. It will go as follows - DVD Reviews (things already on DVD); Movie Reviews (If I went to the Movie Theater to watch it); Food Reviews (like individual food items like Spam); Restaurant Reviews (visiting of different restaurants)...etc...

This was an adorable movie. :) I decided to watch it when the lady who was at the Redbox told me it was a great movie. I had heard about it before but did not pay much attention to it. I thought it would be nice to watch since I know, as crazy as it sounds but fantasize about being a Waitress! (I have waitressed in my teens and I have a good paying job that I do not necessarily want to give up).

Jenna, the main character was in a horrible relationship with an abusive husband who decides to leave him, but then realize she becomes pregnant and falls for her MARRIED OB/GYN. So she thinks she has no way out and escapes at work to feed on her passion for making pies. I was a little bit envious because she already knew what her passion was and wanted to pursue her life into making pies. I wish I knew what my passion was, I only know I want to be an Entrepreneur but not sure at doing what? But that is another blog post and blog site for another day! : P

Well anyway so what Jenna ends up doing is attempting to enter into the pie contest, her husband doesn't let her so she has about $1200 saved up to get away and then he discovers that she might leave him and gets all crazy and upset. So then she tells him that she will not leave and ends up buying baby furniture for her baby. Towards the end she is miserable because she feels she has no way out and attempts to find out from others if they are happy. She also writes her baby letters about how she is feeling in order to make herself feel better.

Well she finally gives birth and tells her husband Earl to basically get the hell out. She had finally seen the light and wasn't afraid to leave him anymore.

In the end basically all her dreams come true as well. ;)

I loved this movie because it sent some positive messages for women and basically gives you some inspiration or ideas on how to be true to yourself. :)

No comments: