Tuesday, December 9, 2008

More TWILIGHT News: "Twilight" director won't shoot sequel

"Twilight" director won't shoot sequel Hardwicke, gestures at the premiere of the movie 'Twilight' at the Mann …LOS ANGELES (Hollywood Reporter) – "Twilight" director Catherine Hardwicke won't shoot the second picture in the fledgling vampire franchise. Hardwicke had until recently been thought a candidate to direct the sequel, titled "New Moon," but word began to circulate in the industry that her relationship with series producer Summit Entertainment has not always been smooth. On Sunday, Summit confirmed that Hardwicke would not direct the film, saying in a statement that its plans to release the film in late 2009 or early 2010 did not mesh with Hardwicke's required prep time.The picture, whose start date has not yet been set, will nontheless reunite writer Melissa Rosenberg and actors Robert Pattinson and Kristen Stewart. Summit has not named a new director, but it is likely to want to move relatively quickly on the sequel after the original earned nearly $139 million in three weeks of release. Hardwicke had initially been considered a bold choice for "Twilight." She made her name with indie breakout "Thirteen" and also directed the period religious tale "The Nativity Story." The combination proved winning, though, as the midrange-budgeted "Twilight" became one of the fall's biggest hits."New Moon" is the second installment in Stephenie Meyer's four-book series and also centers on vampires in a small town in Washington state, this time with a more prominent role given to a teenage werewolf. Reuters/Hollywood Reporter

After all the HYPE and Watching the Premiere of Twilight, hearing about getting a new Director sounds like great news! I thought the book and the Twilight series was a very interesting read but when I saw Twilight in the theaters I was truly disappointed. Like I said in my last post, I just wish they it could have flowed better and kept a good part of the story line. Instead it was rushed and choppy.

I think a new director will take a critical look of the movie and do a better job. At least that is what I am hoping. I am not expecting it to be the same, just better. I am going to watch the sequel. I also kind of figured they would get a new director because of the reviews that it got from its critics. I also new that they would rush production to keep the Twilight franchise going...this is not a story you can just sit on. Especially with its huge fan base.

I am looking forward to the sequel and I have not finished reading Breaking Dawn yet, more or less sad its the last book of the series I will be reading :(

No comments: