Monday, March 28, 2011

I LOVE to Cook and I am Foodie! :)

Like it the Title, I LOVE to cook and I am a Foodie! Seriously, I love trying new recipes every weekend since that is the only time I have to cook. I have made authentic Mexican chicken enchiladas, Better than Sex Cake, Chili Verde, Elvis sandwich and my signature Mexican Tacos which I could every other weekend at my daughter's request. :)

This last year, I have my first Thanksgiving turkey, which I was really nervous about doing because I have never cooked a bird before! It turned out delicious! :) My goal is to own my own diner. Which someday I will do and be featured on Diners, Drive-ins and Dives. :) I love to watch the Food Network - my favorite shows aside from DDD, is Unwrapped, Guys Big Bite, Mexican Made Easy, The Heelys. I also like the Cooking Channel - Foodography, Extra Virgin, Bitchin Kitchen.

I would LOVE to have Guy Fieri job on Diners, Drive-ins and Dives, because I love to travel everywhere and try different foods! There was this dish he had tried at this restuarant in Cincinnati made with spaghetti pasta and chili and cheese. I want to try making it since I don't know when I will make it out there LOL!

I am always looking for new recipes to try. I think I am going to do Mexican Fried Fish, Tinga, and I really want to make fried chicken and my own signature red chili.

My favorite foods are authentic Mexican tripa tacos from the street vendors, Tres Leches cake, Mole & Menudo. Spaetzle & German potato salad and more recently Schinkennudeln, which is also German. My mother is German so I grew up eating those dishes and I lived in Mexico when I was married, so those two types of food I love!

I am not picky about foods I don't like, I don't like cooked mushrooms but I want to change that. I also LOVE caramelized onions. I love to play up my recipes too. For example today, I made tuna on bread I used Jalapeno sauce, chili powder and Miracle Whip...I love sweet and spicy and it was good!

I LOVE FOOD! : D





No comments: